locked Re: Thunderbird talking way too much

Ron Canazzi

Hi Brian,

I and many others do file bug reports.  I don't buy this stuff you keep promoting about lazy, good for nothing blind people.  As a private beta tester and overall ravel rouses, I can't count the number of e-mails to software developers I have sent.  The real issue is that the software developers are many times just plain insensitive to these complaints.  This does not mean we shouldn't try, but simply condemning all blind people or most blind people in the way you do is not valid.

On 4/9/2020 12:57 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 12:42 PM, Gene wrote:
My question is why this wasn’t caught by reports from blind people before the release version.
Gene, do you honestly think that there were many, if any, based on what has been seen here and on other screen reader and associated technology groups?

My point, which seems to have eluded you, is that I constantly see complaints about issues, but when I (or you, or anyone else) bring up the fact that you must report them if you want to have any hope of their being resolved there is generally nothing but the proverbial crickets in response.

I have no reason to believe, based on what I have observed on multiple blind technology related groups, that most (and I do mean most, the vast majority most) screen reader users have ever filed a trouble ticket/bug report.  And until or unless they do they should not expect prompt attention to issues that may not even have been recognized.

Each user demographic is and should be responsible for advocating for themselves by reporting the issues they encounter to those who can fix them.  No one else will, or should.

       ~ Madonna

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"