locked Re: why do topics get locked way to quickly?

Really, Mr. Sackrider.

Group moderators and owners are responsible for actually running groups.  Moderation is there for a reason.  If you do not like moderated groups, then you need not participate in them.

I locked three topics today, one that had run 75 messages and had repeated itself, repeatedly.   A second topic that was important, but covered the necessary territory and did not warrant any extension.  The third was a single message, which recapitulated something the poster stated had already been offered, several times, on a topic previously locked.  Here is a note for anyone considering doing that, anywhere:  DON'T.   When an owner or moderator states a topic is locked that is never an invitation to start another one on the same thing.  That can and will get you banned in some forums, here we're a bit more lax.

You are not obligated to like a single thing about the group rules, but you and all members are and will remain bound by them.  If that is not suitable, you know how to leave just as you knew how to enter.

This topic is now locked.

       ~ Madonna