Re: Thunderbird issue update (comments should be sent to GitHub): changes to Thunderbird is responsible for annoying status bar announcements

Kenny <kwashingtonbox@...>

Alirght! That did the trick. Thanks for the suggestion.

On 4/10/2020 9:46 AM, Ian Blackburn wrote:
Of course temporarily all I did was turn off the status bar in the view menu
That will solve it until Thunderbird fixes it up

On 10 Apr 2020, at 9:38 pm, Kenny <kwashingtonbox@...> wrote:

Joseph, I ask you this question respectfully.

Will a quicker fix be made available via Mozilla, or the fine add-on developers who monitor these list daily?

I'm ready to switchback to MS mail due to this annoyance of NVDA reading everything being displayed on Thunderbird's mail status bar.

Couldn't the NVDA Mozilla apps enhancement add-on include some sort of fix to stop this until Mozilla gets around to removing the tag causing the problem?

On 4/10/2020 2:37 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hello NVDA users,

As requested by moderators, please direct further comments to GitHub issue:

A few minutes ago one of the NVDA code contributors tweeted that annoying status bar announcement issue is caused by changes made to Thunderbird itself. In short, Thunderbird placed a tag on its status bar that will cause NVDA to announce messages continuously (technical: ARIA role status was used for status bar).

Unless it is justified that NVDA should resolve this issue on its own, this issue is something Thunderbird developers should resolve.

Cheers,

Joseph