Help using Notepad and text files

Grant Metcalf

I am trying to learn how to use NVDA. However, I do not use Wordpad  but Notepad and primarily work only with text files. I also am having to switch from my Win7 PC to a Win10 PC on which I have installed Classic Shell from SERO.
Here are a few questions:
1. How do I access the help file and its information?
2. What is the read the screen command?
3. How do I read the “status Bar” or bottom of the screen?
4. How can I review keyboard commands without changing a document or accidently deleting an item from my PC?

If anybody is willing to discuss this via the telephone, I am in California and currently available most of the day.

Listening for His shout!
Grant Metcalf – a.k.a. Grandpa DOS
Email: the.gems@...