From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of George McCoy
Sent: Saturday, April 11, 2020 11:07 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] google chrome version 81

I don't know about the program itself, Brian, but the installer leaves a lot to be desired.

I chose the custom installation.  There is a series of checkboxes that select additional tasks to be performed.  NVDA reads them as unchecked and it reads them as unchecked no matter what I do.  Pressing spacebar or enter does nothing.  Routing the mouse to them and clicking does nothing.  I canceled the installation because I had no way of knowing the true state of the checkboxes.

George

On 4/11/2020 11:13 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:

Cordelia,

             If you're willing to be the "accessibility guinea pig" and wouldn't mind trying out the replacement for PDF-XChange Viewer, which is PDF-XChange Editor, would you?

            There was a major change to the look and feel of the interface, going to the now-all-the-rage flat look, which I hate, so I didn't go to it.  But they very well could have improved accessibility as part of that move.  It can be downloaded here:  https://www.tracker-software.com/product/downloads
You do not need the "Plus" version.  I just do not have the time (nor interest, to be honest) to play with this as far as determining its accessibility or the lack thereof.  I suspect if nothing else that the OCR function will remain the same even if the rest is completely inaccessible.

       ~ Madonna