I will look at server 2019 or 2016 then.

Hmmm so its better to get server with a desktop experience.

I can see server for a number of cores, where would I get server with desktop or is that just one of the options.

On 13/04/2020 6:32 pm, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
You'll need sighted assistance to install it (install Desktop Experience, not Server Core), and after that, you'll need to enable Windows Audio service (set to start automatically). It would be much better to get Server 2016 or later, but...
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: Sunday, April 12, 2020 11:28 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] windows server os

Hi all.

I am not sure if this should fit here or on win10 list but here goes.

I am in a position where I can obtain from one of my computer shops the last clearance coppy of windows server 2012 for about 40 dollars.

Usually windows server is 200-500 bucks and up depending on cores and what its for, etc.

Is it worth me getting something like this.

I will most likely be using this thing at home, maybe not in a broad business things,.

I want to experiment with things like a wsus server, and maybe some sort of media server.

I also want to have a play about.

Question, is it worth it or am I shooting myself in the foot by getting somthing this old.

I know that to install it I may need assistance, however is it accessible for blind users once up and running.

I assume it will have narator and I will have nvda on it.