Re: Any accessible hex editors for screen reader users?

Jackie

Yeah, I haven't finished coffee yet, so I missed you were discussing
online hex editors. Sorry about that. XVI32 is a longstanding player
in the field, though, & w/its drive editing capabilities, should he
feel the need to go that very frightening route, & being free &
accessible besides, hopefully it'll serve his needs. Accessible tools
like these can be really hard for blind programmers to find.

Jackie,

My search was for ONLINE hex editors.  There's nothing to download.  Also,
the point was that someone else said they knew of a few but didn't have the
URLs for same, and often just seeing them again in a search list will turn
on the light bulb.  That's why I posted it, as there really aren't that many
online ones available.

I agree that one should try to avoid the tedium of download and try to the
extent possible, but in the case of something as esoteric as this, if you're
looking for one that resides on your machine, that's likely going to be part
of the work if no one can identify an accessible one to begin with.  It is a
PITA, but one that all of us, and for accessibility reasons or otherwise,
have had to slog through upon occasion when no one could give a short list.
And if you find yourself having to do this, posting later about what you
found that is accessible is a really, really good thing to do.

Even if you give the online ones a quick try, and identify a couple that are
accessible, posting which ones are is a really, really good thing to do.

*Power is being told you're not loved and not being destroyed by it.*

~ Madonna