Re: NVDA Repeats text that belongs 2 different rows when navigating with arrow keys in Microsoft Excel

Quentin Christensen

Hi Eilana,

I have seen this reported before - do you happen to navigate very quickly?  We have an open issue: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/9694  although I don't have a fix or a workaround at this stage.

Regards

Quentin.

On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 4:17 PM Eilana Benish <benish.ilana@...> wrote:

Hello everybody

there is a real problem in Microsoft Excel  - I am using Microsoft Office 365 on Windows 10 .

let's say I have a spreadsheet with a table

·       in A1 the text is navigation menu

·       in A2 the text is contrast

·       in A3 the text is tables

if I am navigating with the up and down arrow keys , sometimes NVDA repeats other text in their previous cell . so if I am on A1 in the Excel spreadsheet , and then press down arrow to move to A2 in the spreadsheet , NVDA will read the text in the  A1 on the spreadsheet.

I was wondering if the developers off NVDA no about this issue

I do suggest that blind users will pay attention carefully to their Excel spreadsheets with data tables.

Best, Eilana

--

 ובכבוד רב | Sincerely,

אילנה בניש מורשה נגישות שירות 2200 | Eilana Benish, service Accessibility authorized (2200)

ניהול פרויקטים – נגישות ושמישות אינטרנט וטכנולוגיות מידע  | Projects manager – Accessibility & usability on internet and ICT

📱 +972-50-7100367 | 📧 benish.ilana@...

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager