Re: Tony's enhancement add on.

Tony Malykh

I have just copied the following description from github page for this add-on, which is also by the way auto packaged as help file for this add-on:

You can assign certain keystrokes to be dynamic. After issuing such a keystroke, NVDA will be checking currently focused window for any updates and if the line is updated, NVDA will speak it automatically. For example, certain keystrokes in text editors should be marked dynamic, such as Jump to bookmark, jump to another line and debugging keystrokes,such as step into/step over.
The format of dynamic keystrokes table is simple: every line contains a rule in the following format:
appName keystroke
where appName is the name of the application where this keystroke is marked dynamic (or * to b marked dynamic in all applications), andkeystroke is a keystroke in NVDA format, for example, control+alt+shift+pagedown.

--Tony

On 4/13/2020 3:22 PM, William Wong wrote:

Hello,

Do I understand correctly,

the function allow nvda to report current focused item after pressing a hotkey?

Besides, it would be better if you can offer an example on the addon page.

e.g. how can I put the app name full title of the app? and how I type the hotkey, just alt+shift+a? any spaces?

how to separate between app name and hotkey?

Tony Malykh 於 14/4/2020 1:35 寫道:

So the story goes like this. I wanted my other add-on IndentNav to work in VSCode, but due to some technical difficulties, it turned out to be impossible. So I ended up implementing a VSCode extension by the same name. But there I discovered another problem. I made Alt+Down in that extension  to jump to  the next line with the same indentation  level, but it turns out that NVDA wouldn't automatically read that line, since NVDA is unaware of Alt+DownArrow keystroke and it simply passes it on to the application. So What I wanted to do is to be able to tell NVDA that Alt+DownArrow is a special keystroke in VSCode, and once this keystroke has been pressed, NVDA should wait for the state of VSCode to change and speak the updated state. I called this feature  dynamic keystrokes, since they change the state of application. This could've been implemented as VSCode app module, but I wanted to make it universal, since I saw some other potential uses. For example, in Notepad++ when you press F2 to jump to the next bookmark, same thing, you probably want to announce the new line the cursor just jumped to automatically. This is I believed is already solved by Notepad++ add-on, but this wasn't the case back when I conceived this feature. Another example is debuggin in Eclipse: there are many keystrokes, like F7, F8 that end up moving current line in the file and I just wanted this to be announced automatically. Hope this explains this feature better.
--Tony

On 4/12/2020 3:50 AM, William Wong wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for the addon.

Regarding the function description, I would like a more detailed explainnation on the following part:

Dynamic keystrokes

I dont understand what Dynamic keystrokes is for or how does it work. Could anyone explain that to me?

Thanks.

William

Robert Kingett 於 2/4/2020 6:31 寫道:

[Edited Message Follows]
[Reason: Included the page text within the message.]

This was just posted on the community add ons site so I thought that I would share it here.

random aside, The mods can add the NV Access and NVDA community add on RSS feeds to this group if they wish, but below is the page.

This add on has a lot of enhancements bundled into 1 add on so it would be best to just read the add on description.

https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/tonysEnhancements.en.html

• Authors: Tony Malykh

• Download stable version

• NVDA compatibility: 2019.3

This add-on contains a number of small improvements to NVDA screen reader, each of them too small to deserve a separate add-on.

This add-on is only compatible with NVDA versions 2019.3 and above.

Enhanced table navigation commands

• Control+Alt+Home/End - jump to the first/last column in the table. • Control+Alt+PageUp/PageDown - jump to the first/last row in the table. • NVDA+Control+digit - jump to 1st/2nd/3rd/... 10th column in the table. • NVDA+Alt+digit - jump to 1st/2nd/3rd/... 10th row in the table. • NVDA+Shift+DownArrow - read current column in the table starting from current cell down.

Dynamic keystrokes

You can assign certain keystrokes to be dynamic. After issuing such a keystroke, NVDA will be checking currently focused window for any updates and if the line is updated, NVDA will speak it automatically. For example, certain keystrokes in text editors should be marked dynamic, such as Jump to bookmark, jump to another line and debugging keystrokes,such as step into/step over. The format of dynamic keystrokes table is simple: every line contains a rule in the following format: appName keystroke where appName is the name of the application where this keystroke is marked dynamic (or * to b marked dynamic in all applications), andkeystroke is a keystroke in NVDA format, for example, control+alt+shift+pagedown.

Real-time console output

This option is disabled by default and must be enabled in the settings.

This option makes NVDA to speak new lines immediately as they appear in console output, instead of queueing new speech utterances.

There is also an option to beep on command line updates - this would give you a better idea when new lines are printed in the console.

Beep when NVDA is busy

Check this option for NVDA to provide audio feedback when NVDA is busy. NVDA being busy does not necessarily indicate a problem with NVDA, but rather this is a signal to the user that any NVDA commands will not be processed immediately. NVDA volume • NVDA+Control+PageUp/PageDown - adjust NVDA volume. This option controls the volume of NVDA speech as well as all the other sounds and beeps produced by NVDA. The advantage of this option compared to adjusting volume of a speech synthesizer, is that it affects the volume of all the beeps proportionally. Blocking double insert keystroke In NVDA pressing Insert key twice in a row toggles insert mode in applications. However, sometimes it happens accidentally and it triggers insert mode. Since this is a special keystroke, it cannot be disabled in the settings. This add-on provides a way to block this keyboard shortcut. When double insert is blocked, insert mode can stil be toggled by pressing NVDA+F2 and then Insert. This option is disabled by default and must be enabled in the settings. Last edited Thu Apr 2 07:50:13 2020