strange results when navigating by character

Monte Single

Hi List,

I’m using win 7 with current nvda, office 2013 and current chrome on this machine.

When moving through web pages, mail  and other items n items I get strange results when navigating by character.

I may be moving backorf forth  through words in a line and as I move from character to character, I hear way more stuff than the single character.

Sometimes it sounds like severals characters or even  words.

Have I accidentally turned on something in nvda that causes this?

Thanks,

Monte