locked Owner's Note: Emergency Message, Please Read #adminnotice

Nimer Jaber

Hello everyone,

I don't make it a point to come on this list often, wearing my list owner hat, but today is one of these days. Please read and respect the following message:

In the era of covid19, there are many people struggling. Many are looking for objective information. Many are looking for reassurance. And, alas, a few are making it a point to use their energies to spread conspiracy theories, false information, and lies about the virus. This is unfortunate, dangerous, and will not be tolerated in this forum, or any subgroup. Any comments that covid19 is not real, it is just government taking over, the many deaths are fake, etc, will not be tolerated. This warning results from messages sent to the chat subgroup. I completely understand that social distancing is difficult, and to that end, you may join the chat subgroup, reach out to friends, engage in online events, enjoy time in nature while maintaining physical distance from others, etc. You can also reach out to nvda+owner@nvda.groups.io if we can do anything to help you, or guide you to resources which may be of assistance to you. 

To demonstrate the seriousness of this issue, any member wishing to spread misinformation, conspiracies, or lies about covid19 will receive an immediate, no-questions-asked ban. It will be a ban that I will most likely forget to lift. There is no recourse for appeal, no discussion necessary.

Furthermore, if you read a message which seems to hint at a conspiracy on this, or a subgroup of this list, please send the offending message on to nvda+owner@nvda.groups.io and you can be sure that it will be handled promptly.

Please, let this message be your only warning. My hope is that no further event like this will take place, but if it does, there will be no additional warning or reminder. I will ask Brian to add something to the list  rules which are sent out monthly as a reminder to those joining this list.

If you have any questions, please send them to nvda+owner@nvda.groups.io. If you disagree with the policy, don't bother sending an email though, as I will not be changing my mind.

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

The message above is intended for the recipient to whom it was
addressed. If you believe that you are not the intended recipient,
please notify me via reply email and destroy all copies of this
correspondence. Action taken as a result of this email or its contents
by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) may result in civil or
criminal charges. I have checked this email and all corresponding
attachments for security threats. However, security of your machine is
up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for Windows, visit nvaccess.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at (970) (393-4481) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.