Re: Tips for a new nvda user

Judith Pelaez <judithp1997@...>

Hi Geise,

Yes, I have used jaws before and that is exactly what I’m used to so thank you for your help.

On Apr 14, 2020, at 6:28 PM, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:

Hi Judith,

Assuming you are coming from another screenreader, then often the biggest thing for people is the voice, although depending on how you use your other screen reader, you might find that you need to modify some of NVDA's default settings to be more like what you are used to.  If you are coming from Jaws, there is a handy guide for things you might find useful here: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda-community/wiki/SwitchingFromJawsToNVDA

If you are coming from Window Eyes there is also a guide: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda-community/wiki/Switching-from-Window-Eyes-to-NVDA

And just on the voices on their own, we have a page of extra voices here: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/wiki/ExtraVoices

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 12:55 AM Judith Pelaez via groups.io <judithp1997=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi guys,

Yes, I do have friends who use NVDA on a daily basis but still, I wanted to get some other points of you as well.

What do you think is essential for a user to have to be able to use NVDA comfortably on a daily basis?

I appreciate everyone’s help and I hope you stay safe and have an amazing evening/day/night.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager