Re: Alt Keys In Edge Not Working For Menu Access

Sascha Cowley

Hi Ron,

I don't have a help button (and using Alt+H doesn't seem to do anything).

But, at least for me, the shortcut for the "Settings and More" button is Alt+F (for foxtrot).

Regards,
Sascha

On 15/04/2020 12:45, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Group,

I have alluded to this topic in the topic about Edge and PDF files. I thought I would create a new topic so as to get focus more on it. I confess I should have done this a few hours earlier; sorry for the confusion.

In any case, when I went to test Sascha's issue with PDF in Edge VS Acrobat Reader, I found that in the latest version of Edge, that the hotkeys involving with activating menus such as home, settings and such, the hotkeys simply don't work.  I have to use the tab key to move to the tool bar and then activate the buttons with space bar. Oddly enough, when I highlight these buttons, I hear NVDA say: 'settings and more alt + S' and home alt + h.'

Has anyone else noticed this in latest version of Edge?