Re: Any accessible hex editors for screen reader users?

Christo de Klerk

Hi

I am using UltraEdit version 10.10B. I believe there are newer updates, but I have not updated it yet. I have used it without any issues with Window-Eyes until Window-Eyes died. Since then I am using it with NVDA. I don't know how well it works with the Shark, but with Window-Eyes and NVDA there have not been any accessibility issues at all.

Kind regards

christo

On 2020/04/15 11:13am, Sean Murphy wrote:
what version of ultra edit are you using?
What screen reader are you also using plus version?

Are used to use ultra edit a few years ago And stop you that because I found the interface not as friendly for JAWS for Windows.  If this has changed I will be definitely looking at it again.

Sean

My experience is the part

On 13 Apr 2020, at 11:48 pm, Christo de Klerk <christodeklerk@...> wrote:

Hello

UltraEdit has a very good hex editing feature and many other powerful editing functions. This is a real programmer's or techie's editor. But it is not free. I think it costs around $60. I have it and do things with it that I have not been able to do in other editors I have worked with. Notepad++ comes closest, but it doesn't offer hex editing.

Kind regards

Christo

On 2020/04/13 03:02pm, Paulius wrote:
Hello,
I'm wonderring if there are programs called hex editors designed to be
accessible to screen reader users.
Any recommendations?
Best regards,
Paul