Re: NVDA DAISY structure error

Jonathan COHN

EPUB3 is a merging of Daisy and epub. The primary difference is that daisy was distributed as a directory and epub as a zip compressed directory. EPUB also has a mime file that I have never seen in daisy  books, but I think it is fairly standard.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Date: Tuesday, April 14, 2020 at 10:48 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA DAISY structure error

External email alert: Be wary of links & attachments.

Hi Curtis,

I might take you up on that!  Or can I ask what software you use please?  I've been looking for daisy software to try to fix this.  The Daisy Consortium only push ePub now and have abandoned DAISY.

So, I guess the other question is what format does everyone read audio books in?  I never even knew that ePub was an audio format until recently, but should I be looking at converting the material to ePub 3 instead?  (We already supply ePub in the electronic text but that is just a text based book, without audio).

Regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 11:12 AM Curtis Delzer <curtis@...> wrote:

If you want, I can do all of this, for I have the software I use to
create books with, give me a link and I can probably fix it in less than
an hour of work or so, easy peezy. I do this every day so it is no great
shakes for me.

Curtis Delzer
HS
K 6 V F O