Opening links to embedded files in Firefox

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Hi,

I hope someone can point out what I am not doing right!

I am using Firefox 47.0.1 Windows 10 and NVDA 2016 v2.1.

Lately, I find that I cannot open embedded links that point to a document in PDF or Word when it is embedded in a report or article in Firefox.  I used to be able to do this before. Can anyone explain what has happened? I think I read that some web sites need to know what reader tools are available in the calling browser, is this true?

I find that I do not have this problem in Internet Explorer (v11). There I have only to press space bar on the link to the file and it opens in Adobe Acrobat without any problem!

All the best,

Cearbhall