Re: Alt Keys In Edge Not Working For Menu Access

JM Casey

Alt key alone doesn't work in a lot of modern probgrammes including, I think, chrome...modern programmes do not really have a "menu bar" as such so the alt key by itself does nothing, rather than take you there as it does in old windows programmes that have the traditional bar at the top of the window.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gerardo Corripio
Sent: April 15, 2020 7:55 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Alt Keys In Edge Not Working For Menu Access

Have you tried, for instance, Alt+plus a letter? The same thing happens with me in latest Edge, where the alt key alone doesn’t work. Hope this helps some.

Gera
Enviado desde mi iPhone SE de Telcel

El 14 abr 2020, a la(s) 9:45 p.m., Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@...> escribió:

Hi Group,

I have alluded to this topic in the topic about Edge and PDF files. I thought I would create a new topic so as to get focus more on it. I confess I should have done this a few hours earlier; sorry for the confusion.

In any case, when I went to test Sascha's issue with PDF in Edge VS Acrobat Reader, I found that in the latest version of Edge, that the hotkeys involving with activating menus such as home, settings and such, the hotkeys simply don't work. I have to use the tab key to move to the tool bar and then activate the buttons with space bar. Oddly enough, when I highlight these buttons, I hear NVDA say: 'settings and more alt + S' and home alt + h.'

Has anyone else noticed this in latest version of Edge?

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"