Re: Tips for a new nvda user

Arlene

Has anybody like you asked the developers of NVDA  to fix your persion speech for you so you can upgrade to windows ten if you have to? I’m sure there are other people who use persion as well. I thought they  would have updated it. Then you would not have to stay on 17.3

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: zahra
Sent: April 14, 2020 10:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Tips for a new nvda user

hi.

many people whome i know, dont use nvda because of several reasons: i

disagree with most of them!

1. they dont know nvda and simply say: because its free, it means that

its not good, or its imperfect, even one of them told that nvda is

like a toy! not screen reader of daily use!

i became very sad for there claim, i really love nvda, and promised to

use it till the end of my life, even when one day i become sighted!

i dont believe that nvda is only for blind users, its one of the

divine blessings for me that i never want to miss it!

2. nvda cursor are not simple as jaws cursor.

i agree with this part, and i wish that nvda cursor worked exactly as

jaws cursor without need to use numpad!

3. they simply dont love espeak and they wish to use eloquence, but i

disagree about this part too!

iven voice i believe that its the most lovely, sweet, friendly, and

enjoyable voice and that i even dont think about other voices and

synthesizers.

i can read hundreds of pages of book with this excellent voice using SayAll!

its voice is very understandable, (but i only love english US voice

and its one of the main reasons that i cant use beyond 2017.2 and

2017.3 versions of nvda.

2017.4 and later, has not the capability of using persian plus english US!

4. many people like me, hate ribbons and they are glad for using jaws,

because jaws has virtual ribbon menues, that enables them to use

ribbons as they use classic menues!

5. jaws is very customizable, and has numerous settings for change.

but honestly, i really love the simplicity of nvda settings!

hope that help you and nvda developers.

God bless you!

On 4/14/20, Judith Pelaez via groups.io

--