Re: item from the speach dictionary disappears

Quentin Christensen

Which speech dictionary did you add it to?  There are three:

Default: rules in this dictionary affect all speech in NVDA.
Voice: rules in this dictionary affect speech for the synthesizer voice currently being used.
Temporary: rules in this dictionary affect all speech in NVDA, but only for the current session. These rules are temporary and will be lost if NVDA is restarted.

If you add something to the temporary dictionary it will behave as you describe.  If you add something to the other dictionaries they should stay there.

Regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 5:16 AM help tech accessibility <slrdarjit2002@...> wrote:
hi people,

so, i added this page break symbol which is used to separate pages in notepad,

but, everytime i restart NVDA,
the item in the speach dictionary disappears.

does anyone have a solution for this problem?
thanks.

--
"It is our choices,, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities"
         Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager