Re: being able to detect a braille display when connecting it to a computer after nvda is started:

蔡宗豪 Victor Cai

Hi
If I don’t misunderstand your meaning,
you hope that NVDA have the ability to detect braille display when it is connected.

Please see issue #1271 for more discussion their.

Here is some quotes from developer:

Comment 30 by jteh on 2014-12-21 23:36

The current code is in the branch t1271a2. I got quite far with it, but got pulled away to other work and haven’t had a chance to revisit it.
To be honest, I actually can’t quite remember what problems still exist, though I know there was still work to do. I think one major problem is that there are some displays which stupidly use generic USB ids which might also be used by other displays, so the code needs to support trying more than one driver per USB id, which it doesn’t currently support.

Comment 31 by jteh on 2014-12-21 23:38

Oh, and of course, some of the drivers still need to be updated and detection data added. In particular, auto detection of Handy Tech is not yet supported and I also need to make the driver fail properly when no display is connected instead of succeeding and silently waiting for a display. This is all fairly tricky since I don’t have access to a Handy Tech device.

Thanks.

Regards,
Victor