From: "Cearbhall O'Meadhra" <cearbhall.omeadhra@blbc.ie>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2016 11:43 PM
Subject: [nvda] Opening links to embedded files in Firefox

Hi,

I hope someone can point out what I am not doing right!

I am using Firefox 47.0.1 Windows 10 and NVDA 2016 v2.1.

Lately, I find that I cannot open embedded links that point to a document in
PDF or Word when it is embedded in a report or article in Firefox. I used
to be able to do this before. Can anyone explain what has happened? I think
I read that some web sites need to know what reader tools are available in
the calling browser, is this true?

I find that I do not have this problem in Internet Explorer (v11). There I
have only to press space bar on the link to the file and it opens in Adobe
Acrobat without any problem!

All the best,

Cearbhall

version doesn't have this disclaimer in outgoing emails. Try Spam Reader
<http://www.spam-reader.com/disclaimer.shtml> for free now!