From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ron Canazzi
Sent: Saturday, April 18, 2020 10:30 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Menus In New Microsoft Edge

Well how come that keystrokes works then!?

On 4/18/2020 1:24 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:

On Sat, Apr 18, 2020 at 01:18 PM, Ron Canazzi wrote:

Again, the proper keystroke is alt + X.

No, Ron, it's not.  There is no ALT+X shortcut in new Edge.  Microsoft always publishes its keyboard shortcuts for its products, and new Edge is no exception:

Keyboard shortcuts in Microsoft Edge

ALT+F or ALT,DownArrow will bring up the Edge menu (just like it brings up the Chrome menu, Brave Menu, and all other Chromium-based browser menus).

You have something really, really weird going on, and that needs to be addressed.  But ALT+X is not a valid keyboard shortcut for new Edge, when working correctly, period.  It does nothing and is not documented as a keyboard shortcut for Chromium-based Edge.

       ~ Madonna

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"