Re: beeps

Quentin Christensen

Hi Eilana,

Are you using NVDA 2020.1 beta 1?  If so, that will play a sound when an error is written to the log.  Often NVDA will try something else and overcome whatever the error is so the end user won't notice, except in these pre-release versions (alpha and beta versions).

If it is a sound increasing in pitch, then that is played while a progress bar loads.  You can toggle that directly with NVDA+u, or from NVDA's object presentation settings (NVDA+control+o, then tab through).

Otherwise, if it's an add-on, I'll leave it to others to advise.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 7:11 PM Eilana Benish <benish.ilana@...> wrote:

hi

I'm trying to understand which of the NVDA addons are playing beeps sounds when something is loading a website or a program running on my computer

Thanks

--

 ובכבוד רב | Sincerely,

אילנה בניש מורשה נגישות שירות 2200 | Eilana Benish, service Accessibility authorized (2200)

ניהול פרויקטים – נגישות ושמישות אינטרנט וטכנולוגיות מידע  | Projects manager – Accessibility & usability on internet and ICT

📱 +972-50-7100367 | 📧 benish.ilana@...

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager