Good News About New Edge

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

Well after my debacal of Saturday (boy do I still feel so bum about that one!)  I do have some good news.  There had been discussion about how the new Edge browser had broken the reading of PDF in the official release.  Well due to all the confusion of several months ago, I had downloaded and installed the DEV version.  Now that I am running that as the sole version of the new Edge, I can report that indeed (as I believe Brian Vogal had already reported) the PDF issue is fixed in DEV version 83.X.

I wanted to read my church directory which is a PDF document and it handled the document better than the Adobe Reader itself.  I was able to do a search using the NVDA Insert + Control + F keystroke and it moved directly from page 1 to page 10 where the information I wanted was located.  I was able to copy this information and paste it into an e-mail message in Thunderbird with no problem.  This is really the best rendering of  a complex PDF file with tables and links and such that I have ever seen before.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"