Re: Forcing NVDA Find versus Browser Find

Chris Mullins

Hi Brian

I get this regularly, for some reason it triggers the site’s “Find in page” functionality.  When this happens, I usually press enter on the site’s “Close find”  feature, make sure NVDA is in browse mode then do NVDA+Ctrl+f again.  Occasionally, you can’t get into browse mode, in which case I reload and try again.  If it doesn’t work next time I grouch profusely and swear never to use the site again.

Cheers

Chris    

Sent: 21 April 2020 00:40
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Forcing NVDA Find versus Browser Find

I'm now frustrated enough to ask this question.

It had always been my belief that hitting NVDA+CTRL+F would force the NVDA Find dialog to come up and be used to search a webpage.  I often want to be able to do this when searching for controls that don't necessarily show up with a straight browser find.

In trying to work on Maria's issue, I tried several times to get the NVDA find to come up to find the Language Selector button, but it wouldn't.  I'd hit NVDA+CTRL+F and still get the Brave browser find.  This has happened plenty in Chrome and Edge Dev, too, so I know it's not "just a Brave thing."

What am I missing?  There are times I absolutely want to force an NVDA Find, and it seems that sometimes I cannot do that.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth.

~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in New York Times article, How Anti-Vaccine Sentiment Took Hold in the United States, September 23, 2019

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.