From: Brian Vogel
Sent: 21 April 2020 00:40
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Forcing NVDA Find versus Browser Find

I'm now frustrated enough to ask this question.

It had always been my belief that hitting NVDA+CTRL+F would force the NVDA Find dialog to come up and be used to search a webpage.  I often want to be able to do this when searching for controls that don't necessarily show up with a straight browser find.

In trying to work on Maria's issue, I tried several times to get the NVDA find to come up to find the Language Selector button, but it wouldn't.  I'd hit NVDA+CTRL+F and still get the Brave browser find.  This has happened plenty in Chrome and Edge Dev, too, so I know it's not "just a Brave thing."

What am I missing?  There are times I absolutely want to force an NVDA Find, and it seems that sometimes I cannot do that.