Re: Add-On Updater: Is there a way to force it to check for updates?

Jesse Farquharson

Brian,
If you open the NVDA menu and navigate to the tools menu, check for addon updates should be at or near the bottom of the list.
Hope this helps.

On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 2:11 PM Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
Joseph,

           I believe I've asked you this before, and I apologize for needing to ask again.  I have another machine that I just updated from NVDA 2019.2 to NVDA 2019.3.1.  I also intentionally removed and reinstalled Add-On Updater.  All other extant add-ons are incompatible with 2019.3.1, and I know this.

           Add-on Updater did activate yesterday, but before I did the 2019.3.1 update to NVDA.  I am curious to see what it does with all the incompatible add-ons, but when I invoke NVDA today it is not coming up to check them.  I know there is some mechanism that keeps it from checking again for a certain period of time since we've discussed this before.

            I have looked in settings and the settings specific to Add-on Updater, but I'm not seeing a button or other control that would force it to do a check for updates now.  Does such exist, and I'm

missing it?  If so, would you please describe where it is and how to invoke it?