Re: NVDA voice profiles are not functioning in latest NVDA after changing synthesizer

Quentin Christensen

Can you both please clarify exactly which voices / synthesizers you are using?  Sandesh, I'm not familiar with a synth called "AP4", but did you mean SAPI 4"?

It sounds like you managed to get back to a voice you can use, but if you do set the synthesizer to something which doesn't work, two ways to overcome it are:

1) Revert NVDA to the last saved configuration by pressing NVDA+CONTROL+R.  If all else fails, pressing this three times quickly will reset NVDA back to factory settings.

2) Or you can change the synthesizer again, if you are happy to try doing so without speech:
- Press NVDA+CONTROL+S to open the synthesizer dialog
- Press W for Windows OneCore voices or E for eSpeak-NG.
- Press ENTER.  The new synthesizer should load and start speaking.

Note that this assumes Windows OneCore is the only (or at least first alphabetically) synthesizer beginning with W and eSpeak NG is the only or first beginning with E.

Regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 2:06 PM Robert Doc Wright godfearer <godfearer@...> wrote:
I have had a similar problem. When I switch to Sapi5 I get silence. ESpeak
and ?windows core are fine.
******
If we don't take time to think before we speak we may find ourselves in a
situation where our speech becomes a bit stinky!