Re: NVDA voice profiles are not functioning in latest NVDA after changing synthesizer
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Can you both please clarify exactly which voices / synthesizers you are using? Sandesh, I'm not familiar with a synth called "AP4", but did you mean SAPI 4"?
It sounds like you managed to get back to a voice you can use, but if you do set the synthesizer to something which doesn't work, two ways to overcome it are:
1) Revert NVDA to the last saved configuration by pressing NVDA+CONTROL+R. If all else fails, pressing this three times quickly will reset NVDA back to factory settings.
2) Or you can change the synthesizer again, if you are happy to try doing so without speech:
- Press NVDA+CONTROL+S to open the synthesizer dialog
- Press W for Windows OneCore voices or E for eSpeak-NG.
- Press ENTER. The new synthesizer should load and start speaking.
Note that this assumes Windows OneCore is the only (or at least first alphabetically) synthesizer beginning with W and eSpeak NG is the only or first beginning with E.
On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 2:06 PM Robert Doc Wright godfearer <godfearer@...> wrote:
I have had a similar problem. When I switch to Sapi5 I get silence. ESpeak