Re: Converting JAWS Dictionaries

Pele,

None that I know of.  But the structure of the NVDA dictionary files is very, very simple.  If you happen to have a JAWS dictionary file that you can e-mail me as an attachment, I might be able to whip something up, though I won't guarantee it.  I don't know how Freedom Scientific lays out the JAWS dictionary files, and that's where the sticking point might be.  But if they're plain text like the NVDA dictionaries are, it shouldn't be all that difficult to figure out how to convert.

It's going to be a long, rainy day here, so this might be a fun task to try.  By the way, anyone who has a JAWS dictionary file they're willing to share should feel free to e-mail it to me as an attachment using the Reply to Sender link at the end of this message.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth.

~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in New York Times article, How Anti-Vaccine Sentiment Took Hold in the United States, September 23, 2019

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.