Re: notification staying in nvda

Sarah k Alawami

I believe I've also seen this. It will sometiems go away on its own, and sometimes not. Hagve you reported this to github so they can keep track of this as well?

On 23 Apr 2020, at 13:53, Shaun Everiss wrote:

Hi all.

Just noticed this in the 2019.3 version of nvda.

I am using latest windows 19.9 build 815, I have noticed that when you get either a notification from windows security or something in start or get any notification at all, that has it up in a window, then you go to activation centre to clear it, while it clears there is a notification window which is empty by the way just staying there on screen.

Restarting nvda doesn't usually fix it and I have to reboot to make the thing stop.

Nvda states in the log that it is a os error and a live region error.

Fragment follows

ERROR - NVDAObjects.behaviors.LiveText._monitor (08:20:07.575) - Dynamic_KeyboardHandlerBasedTypedCharSupportWinConsoleIAccessibleWindowNVDAObject._monitorThread (3780):
Error getting initial lines
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "NVDAObjects\behaviors.pyc", line 288, in _monitor
  File "NVDAObjects\window\winConsole.pyc", line 73, in _getTextLines
  File "winConsoleHandler.pyc", line 127, in getConsoleVisibleLines
  File "wincon.pyc", line 77, in GetConsoleScreenBufferInfo
OSError: [WinError 6] The handle is invalid.
ERROR - unhandled exception (08:25:38.206) - MainThread (4452):
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "wx\core.pyc", line 3240, in <lambda>
  File "browseMode.pyc", line 469, in run
  File "browseMode.pyc", line 934, in __init__
  File "browseMode.pyc", line 992, in initElementType
  File "browseMode.pyc", line 1012, in filter
  File "virtualBuffers\__init__.pyc", line 123, in label
  File "browseMode.pyc", line 232, in _getLabelForProperties
  File "virtualBuffers\__init__.pyc", line 120, in propertyGetter
  File "virtualBuffers\__init__.pyc", line 149, in _getControlFieldAttribs
LookupError
ERROR - speech.manager.SpeechManager._handleIndex (08:26:02.645) - MainThread (4452):
Error running speech callback
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "speech\manager.pyc", line 404, in _handleIndex
  File "speech\commands.pyc", line 260, in run
  File "sayAllHandler.pyc", line 145, in <lambda>
  File "sayAllHandler.pyc", line 174, in lineReached
  File "documentBase.pyc", line 24, in makeTextInfo
  File "virtualBuffers\__init__.pyc", line 207, in __init__
  File "textInfos\offsets.pyc", line 460, in __init__
  File "virtualBuffers\__init__.pyc", line 225, in _getStoryLength
OSError: [WinError 1775] A null context handle was passed from the client to the host during a remote procedure call

Is this an issue with windows or an nvda issue.

If this is a issue with windows does it exist on the 2004 rc at this time or not.

If not then  I will just update when it comes time to do so as usual.

Its not a big showstopper but I have had it appear on multiple devices, on builds of windows 10 from 1903 up and I have seen it on 18 xx builds to.

Not as much but it does happen.

I think it has to do with if the notification is focused or not but mostly I don't even dismiss the notifications or move them to action centre, I just clear them out after reading.

I guess I could just turn them all off but if I do that I won't get messages and that could be a problem in of itself.