Re: Add-On Updater: Is there a way to force it to check for updates?

Kevin Cussick

Hi, it should be there maybe some sort of problem. will leave to others to help as it is getting late over in the UK. but under Nvda tools it should be there.

On 24/04/2020 23:24, Curtis Delzer wrote:
under tools in NVDA, there is no "check for add-on updates."
there is, "manage add-ons," but that is it in this version I am running.
Curtis Delzer
HS
K 6 V F O
Rialto, CA
curtis@...
On 4/21/2020 1:42 PM, Kevin Cussick via groups.io wrote:
Hi,   nvda tools check for addon updates.   if this is not what Your wanting I have miss understood and if so sorry just ignore.

On 21/04/2020 19:11, Brian Vogel wrote:
Joseph,

            I believe I've asked you this before, and I apologize for needing to ask again.  I have another machine that I just updated from NVDA 2019.2 to NVDA 2019.3.1.  I also intentionally removed and reinstalled Add-On Updater.  All other extant add-ons are incompatible with 2019.3.1, and I know this.

            Add-on Updater did activate yesterday, but before I did the 2019.3.1 update to NVDA.  I am curious to see what it does with all the incompatible add-ons, but when I invoke NVDA today it is not coming up to check them.  I know there is some mechanism that keeps it from checking again for a certain period of time since we've discussed this before.

             I have looked in settings and the settings specific to Add-on Updater, but I'm not seeing a button or other control that would force it to do a check for updates now.  Does such exist, and I'm missing it?  If so, would you please describe where it is and how to invoke it?

*/Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth./*

~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in /New York Times/ article, /How Anti-Vaccine Sentiment Took Hold in the United States/ <https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/23/health/anti-vaccination-movement-us.html>/,/September 23, 2019