Re: Add-On Updater: Is there a way to force it to check for updates?

Roger Stewart

It should be the last item in the Tools menu.
Roger

On 4/24/2020 5:24 PM, Curtis Delzer wrote:
under tools in NVDA, there is no "check for add-on updates."
there is, "manage add-ons," but that is it in this version I am running.

Curtis Delzer
HS
K 6 V F O
Rialto, CA

curtis@...

On 4/21/2020 1:42 PM, Kevin Cussick via groups.io wrote:
Hi,   nvda tools check for addon updates.   if this is not what Your wanting I have miss understood and if so sorry just ignore.

On 21/04/2020 19:11, Brian Vogel wrote:
Joseph,

            I believe I've asked you this before, and I apologize for needing to ask again.  I have another machine that I just updated from NVDA 2019.2 to NVDA 2019.3.1.  I also intentionally removed and reinstalled Add-On Updater.  All other extant add-ons are incompatible with 2019.3.1, and I know this.

            Add-on Updater did activate yesterday, but before I did the 2019.3.1 update to NVDA.  I am curious to see what it does with all the incompatible add-ons, but when I invoke NVDA today it is not coming up to check them.  I know there is some mechanism that keeps it from checking again for a certain period of time since we've discussed this before.

             I have looked in settings and the settings specific to Add-on Updater, but I'm not seeing a button or other control that would force it to do a check for updates now.  Does such exist, and I'm missing it?  If so, would you please describe where it is and how to invoke it?

*/Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth./*

~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in /New York Times/ article, /How Anti-Vaccine Sentiment Took Hold in the United States/ <https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/23/health/anti-vaccination-movement-us.html>/,/September 23, 2019

.