From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Curtis Delzer
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2020 4:38 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Add-On Updater: Is there a way to force it to check for updates?

It is not there in my copy, should be, but I don't have it here no matter how often I look.

Curtis Delzer
HS
K 6 V F O
Rialto, CA

curtis@...

On 4/24/2020 4:34 PM, Roger Stewart wrote:
It should be the last item in the Tools menu.
Roger

On 4/24/2020 5:24 PM, Curtis Delzer wrote:
under tools in NVDA, there is no "check for add-on updates."
there is, "manage add-ons," but that is it in this version I am running.

Curtis Delzer
HS
K 6 V F O
Rialto, CA

curtis@...

On 4/21/2020 1:42 PM, Kevin Cussick via groups.io wrote:
Hi, nvda tools check for addon updates. if this is not what Your
wanting I have miss understood and if so sorry just ignore.

On 21/04/2020 19:11, Brian Vogel wrote:
Joseph,

I believe I've asked you this before, and I apologize
for needing to ask again. I have another machine that I just
updated from NVDA 2019.2 to NVDA 2019.3.1. I also intentionally
removed and reinstalled Add-On Updater. All other extant add-ons
are incompatible with 2019.3.1, and I know this.

Add-on Updater did activate yesterday, but before I did
the 2019.3.1 update to NVDA. I am curious to see what it does with
all the incompatible add-ons, but when I invoke NVDA today it is
not coming up to check them. I know there is some mechanism that
keeps it from checking again for a certain period of time since
we've discussed this before.

I have looked in settings and the settings specific to
Add-on Updater, but I'm not seeing a button or other control that
would force it to do a check for updates now. Does such exist, and
I'm missing it? If so, would you please describe where it is and
how to invoke it?

*/Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost
its platform. Now, you simply declare your own truth./*

~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in /New York Times/ article, /How Anti-Vaccine
Sentiment Took Hold in the United States/
<https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/23/health/anti-vaccination-movemen
t-us.html>/,/September
23, 2019

.