Re: Add-On Updater: Is there a way to force it to check for updates?

Curtis Delzer

"check for add-on updates is just not in my copy ofNVDA, V2019.3.1

Curtis Delzer
HS
K 6 V F O
Rialto, CA

curtis@...

On 4/24/2020 4:32 PM, Roger Stewart wrote:
You can also open NVDA menu, then go to Tools, then check for add on updates. This will check for any add ons that need updating even if the automatic check for updates is disabled for some reason.
Roger
On 4/24/2020 6:15 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

If you don't see a check for updates option you might have to reinstall the add on updater add on. Looks like somethingn got corrupted on yoru end as I do have a check for updates option.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. <http://www.tffppodcast.com>

Our discord <http://discord.tffppodcast.com> is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum <http://twitch.tv/ke7zum>] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page <http://lbry.tv/@ke7zum> and my tffp lbry page <http://lbry.tv/@tffppodcast> YOu will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here <Http://patreon.com/tffppodcast>

On 24 Apr 2020, at 15:24, Curtis Delzer wrote:

under tools in NVDA, there is no "check for add-on updates."
there is, "manage add-ons," but that is it in this version I am
running.

Curtis Delzer
HS
K 6 V F O
Rialto, CA

curtis@...

On 4/21/2020 1:42 PM, Kevin Cussick via groups.io wrote:

Hi,   nvda tools check for addon updates. if this is not what
Your wanting I have miss understood and if so sorry just ignore.

On 21/04/2020 19:11, Brian Vogel wrote:

Joseph,

            I believe I've asked you this before, and I
apologize for needing to ask again.  I have another
machine that I just updated from NVDA 2019.2 to NVDA
2019.3.1.  I also intentionally removed and reinstalled
Add-On Updater.  All other extant add-ons are incompatible
with 2019.3.1, and I know this.

            Add-on Updater did activate yesterday, but
before I did the 2019.3.1 update to NVDA.  I am curious to
see what it does with all the incompatible add-ons, but
when I invoke NVDA today it is not coming up to check
them.  I know there is some mechanism that keeps it from
checking again for a certain period of time since we've
discussed this before.

             I have looked in settings and the settings
specific to Add-on Updater, but I'm not seeing a button or
other control that would force it to do a check for
updates now.  Does such exist, and I'm missing it?  If so,
would you please describe where it is and how to invoke it?

*/Science has become just another voice in the room; it
has lost its platform.  Now, you simply declare your own
truth./*

~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in /New York Times/ article, /How
Anti-Vaccine Sentiment Took Hold in the United States/
<https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/23/health/anti-vaccination-movement-us.html
<https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/23/health/anti-vaccination-movement-us.html>>/,/September
23, 2019