From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Cearbhall O'Meadhra
Sent: 14 August 2016 23:28
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Cannot open excel file from file folder on desktop

Hi,

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I am using Windows 10, Excel 2016 with NVDA 2016.2.1

I cannot open my excel spread sheets from a folder in “my Documents”. When I right click on the Excel file name (file with a .xlsx extension), and use “open with Microsoft excel”, Excel opens but with a blank screen and no sign of the file contents. Likewise, when I try to open the file from within Excel, I get a list of recent files but I cannot search for an existing file.

Any solutions?

All the best,

Cearbhall