Re: Question: Are there any tutorials on backup and restore helpful for NVDA users who totally rely on speech or Braille?

Laurie,

            I have nothing on restore simply because I've never had any instance to even try to do one with a screen reader.  Given that most recovery is done through a dedicated bootable disk, and not Windows itself, since you are actually trying to recover a Windows System Image, it's doubtful that there is any way to do so with a screen reader.  If someone knows of a recovery utility that either has a screen reader built in or that can otherwise be made to speak I'd love to hear about it.

            You could use any backup & recovery suite of your choosing, but I wrote a tutorial several years ago on using Macrium Reflect Free to take backups.  The first page deals entirely with installing the utility, which you'll do only once.  The second is the set of step-by-step instructions for actually taking the backup.  In this day and age of ransomware, I do not recommend that backup drives remain attached to a machine other than when a backup is being taken or a recovery performed.  Any drive that's attached if ransomware hits gets encrypted, and in the case of a backup drive that makes having the backup pointless.

Using Macrium Reflect Free with a Screen Reader