Re: Windows 10 infoormation

David Tanner

For open book go to the freedom scientific webpage and downloaded the latest update to open book 9 so that it will work with windows 10.

David Tanner

From my iPhone 6 S

On Aug 14, 2016, at 4:11 PM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@gmail.com> wrote:

As far as memory you need 2 GB to run 10. I'd go 5 to 8 if I was you. If you have ran WIN 8 which you have I don't think it should be that big of an adjustment. Shoot I whent from using XP to WIN 10 last year. Kerzweil 1000, Open book etc. should work great with WIN 10.

On 8/14/2016 10:49 AM, Nicholas Stevens wrote:
Hi all,
Hope somebody can maybe assist me with some Windows 10 inforrmation.
I'm considering maybe buying a computer which is running Windows 10 to repllace this computer which is old and giving me plenty of problems. Is it very easy to use Windows 10 or is it a huge adjustment? I have previously worked on a pc rnning Windows 8.
My mane questions for thee moment are:
1. I use Openbook 8.0 for scanning and reading documents. Would I be able to run it on Windows 10 or would I have to purchase another copy?
2. Is there a certain amount of memory that I should get when upgrading to Windows 10 or doesn't it make a differencce. I'm aware that I have to run NVDA as Jaws doesn't support Windows 10 unless upgrading to the latest Jaws.
If anybody has any other advice and tips for me I would really apreciate it.
I llook forward too your responses.
Regards
Nicholas