locked Re: how to get Emphasis and styled text

Bernd,

             In word, doing formatting at the level of the words themselves simply involves selecting the text one wishes to format and then using the keyboard shortcuts to produce the formatting you're looking for.

See:

Keyboard shortcuts in Word - Office Support

             The Frequently Used Shortcuts section talks about bold, italic, and underline.  If you are talking about the Styles part of the ribbon, I never use it.

             However, this is definitely not an NVDA-related topic, but is about how to use Microsoft Word.  If you wish to discuss this further I will be happy to, but you need to join the Chat Subgroup and ask there, which is one of the purposes for the subgroup.  At this point I will lock this topic.