Emergency patches: Enhanced Touch Gestures, Resource Monitor, StationPlaylist, Windows 10 App Essentials #addonrelease

Hi everyone,

If you are using latest NVDA alpha snapshot, this is an important notice (for others, you can ignore it, or you can take a note of the following notice):

An issue was discovered with some of my add-ons where after installing add-on updates, NVDA will not restart properly, playing a critical error tone instead. The issue had to do with install tasks procedure, and was traced to an incomplete module import due to a recent change to NVDA alpha snapshots.

The following add-ons are affected:

  • Enhanced Touch Gestures
  • Resource Monitor
  • StationPlaylist
  • Windows 10 App Essentials

Note: for StationPlaylist and Windows 10 App Essentials, development snapshots are also affected.

To mitigate this, I’m releasing an emergency patch for these add-ons tonight (my time):

  • Enhanced Touch Gestures 20.05
  • Resource Monitor 20.05 (which also comes with localization updates)
  • StationPlaylist 20.05.1A
  • Windows 10 App Essentials 20.05A (which also comes with mitigations for Cortana present in Version 2004/May 2020 Update)

For StationPlaylist and Windows 10 App Essentials, an additional build will be created for development snapshot users (dated April 28, 2020).

Cheers,

Joseph