Re: Outlook 2019 Issue

Quentin Christensen

I have seen reports of issues like this from a couple of people, but haven't managed to pin down what is causing it and why it only affects some users.

Several things to try / check:

- Set NVDA's log level to debug (NVDA+control+g, then tab to log level, arrows to set it and enter), then NVDA+control+c to save settings.
- Restart NVDA with add-ons disabled (NVDA+Q then down arrow to that option and enter)
- Recreate the issue
- If you have to restart the computer, then in your %temp% folder should be nvda.log (the log for the currently running or most recent instance of NVDA) and nvda-old.log (the log for the time before that) so you should have a copy of the log from that instance still.  If you could please send that to me at info@... with some details on what has happened.

Also, what language are you using?  (Shouldn't make a difference, but that could be why it affects some users and not others).
And, what build of Office (if you go to file - account - about Word it should give you the exact number, not just Office 2019).

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 2:52 AM Christopher Gray <chris@...> wrote:

Hi:

I am using Outlook 2019 with NVDA.  Often, if I am typing a message, my computer locks up.  The only thing I can do is ctrl_alt_del arrow to the Power Button and either restart or shutdown.  Is it possible this has to do with an interaction with NVDA and Outlook 2019.  It happens so often that I am forced to write messages in Notepad, Select All, and paste the message into an Outlook message.  This never locks up.

Chris

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager