locked Re: News – NV Access - NVDA 2019.2RC2 Released #nvaccessnewsfeed

Dan Beaver

Actually, I downloaded the .exe from the link in the notice and got the wrong file too.  I then went to the website via the help and it shows the correct file there.  I suspect it is simply someone included the wrong file name and link to the wrong file in the notice.

It works well so far.

Dan Beaver

On 4/29/2020 12:09 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Rosemarie,

              I have sent a message directly to NVAccess about this.  I suspect this is just a complete snafu as far as what someone did with naming, and that took all the way down the line, even to the name of the executable.

              If it were actually the 2019.2 executable, not the 2020.1RC1, it shouldn't even install over 2019.3.1 if that's what had been on someone's system.

              In any case, whatever is going on, it needs to be corrected so that, as the old saying goes, "The carpet matches the drapes."
-

Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)