Re: Reading commands that work (for Bryan)

Grant,

             I will let someone else jump in if there's some clever way to read only what's currently displayed on the screen (or would be if screen curtain weren't turned on) because I have no idea.

             You find a specific command in the quick guide via searching, whether that's browser find or NVDA find.  And browser find is invoked just as it is in Notepad, CTRL+F, and NVDA find (where applicable, you have to be in browse mode) is NVDA+CTRL+F.   After you've done a regular search, F3 can be used to find the next occurrence and NVDA+F3 for an NVDA find.  Stick a SHIFT+ in those if you want previous instead of next.  The fact of the matter is, no matter what software it is you're making the change to use, at some point it's worth the tedium of doing a quick run through the entire Quick Keyboard Commands documentation, once, for two reasons:

1.  To pick up on the terminology used by the product.   That's how you know what to search on at a later point in time.
2.  To have heard, once, all of what's available.  Although you may not remember the details "at the front of your mind" it's amazing how often you have the, "I believe {thing X} was talked about," sensation and are then able to find it after a couple of tries with what you think is the keyword/are the keywords you need.

             NVDA is compatible with all the major supported browsers, so if you don't like Chrome, you can try Firefox, new Edge, Brave (which I recommend, if you like Chrome, just due to its ad-blocking and security features), or any one of a number of others.