Re: NVDA and Pontes Media Downloader

Gene

I saw a message from someone saying that the program works for them. Perhaps the block isn't effective in some locations for some reason. But I suspect that it is in effect for a lot of people in different areas. I'm not a moderator but it would be useful if we had some idea of whether a lot of people are having problems. But that should be done on the chat list, not this one.

From: Gene via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2020 11:19 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and Pontes Media Downloader

You don't have to upgrade. It will do no good. Youtube has blocked
downloaders. Off and on, it makes changes and designers of downloaders have
to work around the problem. It’s a cat and mouse game. Wait until you see
information that a new download engine is available then download it. You
will see an item in the Pontes menu for upgrade download engine or similar
wording. Or you can try upgrading every day or two. If you can download,
there is a new upgrade.

I much prefer the old version of Pontes and I'm waiting for a new engine. I
tried the newer version just in case and it won't download anything either.

In the version you are running, open the menus with alt. Right arrow to
options. Down arrow to update download engine and press enter.