Re: Windows OneCore voices

Chris Mullins

Hi

Further to the OneCore voice issue, I have checked in Narrator and established that the deep male voice is David and the 3 other named voices, Hazel, Susan and George are all British  English voices.  The settings for auto language and dialect switching are both checked.  It appears that NVDA will use US English voices but not the British ones.  Is there a setting somewhere that I have missed?

Cheers

Chris  

Sent: 01 May 2020 11:38
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows OneCore voices

Hi Quintin

This is a confused situation.  My original message was based on the incorrect post re the latest NVDA RC.  I followed the link in that post to the “What’s New” details in 2019.2 and read about the OneCore rate boost feature being added, mistakenly thinking I was using 2019.1.  Immediately After seeing other list members messages about the post, I re-sent the message after correcting my mistake but you are responding to my original incorrect post.

The OneCore Rate Boost reference no longer applies but the issue regarding the OneCore voices for Hazel, Susan, David and George all being the same deep male voice remains and I wondered if it was an issue that was known about.    

Apologies for the confusion

Chris

Sent: 01 May 2020 03:20
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows OneCore voices

Do you mean you're using NVDA 2019.2.1?  We introduced Rate Boost in NVDA 2019.2 for Windows OneCore - it's been in since NVDA 2011.2.

We haven't done anything new with it since 2019.2.

In any case, I'm glad you're appreciating it!

Quentin.

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 5:54 AM Chris Mullins <cjmullins29@...> wrote:

Hi

I was a bit puzzled after reading that OneCore voices would have the rate boost feature added in the forthcoming new release of NVDA.  I’m using OneCore with 2019.1 and it already has rate boost.  Whilst checking out the different OneCore voices in the synth ring, I noticed that Mark, and Zira voices seem to work OKK but Hazel, Susan, David and George all had the same deep male voice.  This was the same in the Voice dialog after NVDA+Control+v was pressed.  Is this a known problem?

Cheers

Chris       

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.