Re: Speech recognition and deaf-blind

Babcock LDPVI

Hello:

I am trialling the accessibility and "voice typing" functions available in Google Docs at the moment. Google Docs is the free online office provided by Google to anyone with a Google Account.

Their voice typing function is only available if you use the Chrome browser.

I have never had to train the voice typing function but I have in the past few months used it extensively and it is about 90% accuracy.

Google Docs is very accessible with NVDA which is a great help.

I am not deaf or blind myself but I work as part of a team of advisory teachers who support young people with visual impairments in schools.

Thanks,