Re: Punctation and Symbols Settings

Gene

I haven't played with it but it evidently means that if you set a punctuation mark to do something such as be spoken at the end of a sentence, it will be but if the other setting is not to be spoken in general, it won't be elswhere. I may not have phrased exactly what you might set punctuation to do in that dialog since I've harddly played with it but what I said should help you understand how it affects when something will be done.

From: Karl-Heinz Arkenau
Sent: Friday, May 01, 2020 4:14 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Punctation and Symbols Settings

Yes, realized that.

But what does it mean? Do I unterstand in correctly, that every
character, which will bei placed there will be interpreted as end of
sentence?

It is not mentioned in the users guide, so I am curios.

Thank you!

Karl-Heinz

Am 01.05.2020 um 22:55 schrieb Sarah k Alawami:
That is the end of a sentence in US english.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our [website.](http://www.tffppodcast.com)

Our [discord](http://discord.tffppodcast.com) is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit [my main lbry page](http://lbry.tv/@ke7zum) and my [tffp lbry page](http://lbry.tv/@tffppodcast) YOu will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go [here](Http://patreon.com/tffppodcast)

On 1 May 2020, at 12:55, Karl-Heinz Arkenau wrote:

Hello all together,

I have a question reguarding the Punctuation and Symbols Settings in NVDA.

On my NVDA installation there is the "sentence ending" remark after characters like ".", "," and others.

Does anyone know, what this is about and if it is some sort of configuration, can I do something with it?

Thanks for all your help.

Greetings from northern Germany.

Karl-Heinz Arkenau