Re: NVDA Settings Questions

Sarah k Alawami

I believe some of this can be found in settings. For example hit nvda p to get your symbol level, and for the dot instead of period go to the dictionary settings. I believe some of this was discussed at length in the list archives.

Take care

On 2 May 2020, at 9:43, Dennis L wrote:

Hi, I have used Jaws for years.  I’m giving NVDA another look.  When I’m writing an email it says dot instead of period.  How do I change this?  Is there any way to turn off column 4 row 3 etc. when on a webpage? Is there anyway when using outlook as your typing who the message is to to have the auto complete suggest automatically spoken?