Re: NVDA Settings Questions

Dennis L

Okay let me give an example.  I just wrote okay let me give an example when I put the period it spoke that as dot and not period.  That is what I want changed.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Saturday, May 2, 2020 1:17 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA Settings Questions

As Sarah has mentioned, it depends on how and when you want a given thing pronounced.   NVDA, like most complex software, is highly configurable, but you (or I, when advising) have to know exactly what the circumstance is when "dot" is being pronounced where you'd prefer period instead.

I will always presume this is when you're going character by character, and hitting punctuation marks, unless specified otherwise.  It also matters where.  There is the sentence ending period and there is the period used elsewhere, and those are considered separate instances of the character.