Re: Difference between codefactory and Tiflotecnia Vocalizer

Bob Jutzi

I went with Codefactory due to the cheaper price along with inclusion of
Eloquence, which I really wanted.  A slight drawback, though not a
dealbreaker for me, the voices are somewhat gargled but extremely
responsive.  Just as a precaution, I deactivate my license prior to
reinstalling Windows 10.

My system is a Dell Inspiron 3650 3.7ghz 7th gen. Core i3, with 8gb memory.

On 5/3/2020 7:23 AM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
I am using code factory sapi addon and as long as you deactivate it
betwene major os upgrades its fine.

You can only have 1 voice of each language installed with 1 level low
or high, but once you have a small file downloaded you are free to
install what languages you want.

For me I have the high quality voices since I have the computer power
etc.

The voice activation and installs are all server based though so if
for any reason servers time out, things may deactivate till you
reactivate again though if that is the case you will not lose anything.

Atguys.com is where I got the voices and they are definitely worth it.

A big reason I got the sapi voices was for gaming but also because I
have a 64 bit machine and windows seems not to always play nice with
32 bit voices, switching them back to default voices each startup or
so I have been told.

On 3/05/2020 11:03 pm, luke scholey wrote:
Hi all

Hope everyone’s safe and well.

Just a quick question, can someone give me a comparison of the
Vocalizer (I’m only interested in vocalizer) offerings between the
codefactory addon and the Tiflotecnia addon.

I want to know about the quality, responsiveness, number of voices
available (they both say the same amount on the website) however
Tiflotecnia’s voice page doesn’t seem to offer as many as
codefactory, if there’s updates, how easy is that? Do you need to
deactivate to do windows updates?

I’m just looking for someone who’s used one or both for a long time
who can tell me straight up how they perform.

Thanks for any advice, I know things like this have been covered
before, I’ve had a look but they’re spread far and wide over several
topics
Luke