Re: configuring nvda for announcing heading and heading levels:

Patrick Le Baudour

Hi,

As far as I know, it is not possible, unless some obscure addon does the trick.
Depending on what website you are using, navigating using header levels (digits 1 to 6 keys in desktop layout) can be of help instead of just h.
I've had that problem with a webnovel before, but my crude method of solving it was to copy-paste in notepad, i can't really recommend doing that. I also did have to save the page, to edit the faulty parts once, but that's even more tedious

Regards,

-- Patrick

Le 02/05/2020 à 13:12, zahra a écrit :
hello every one.
i wish to set nvda to announce heading level only even if i disable
reporting headings in document formatting!
is it possible? if so, how?
when i press h, i know that i move by headings.
fortunately nvda announces heading and its level after the content of
that heading.
but, if i move line by line, nvda unfortunately announces heading
before its content!
how i can i change this behaviour that if i enable reporting headings
in document formatting,
nvda announces headings and there level after there content even when
i navigate line by line?!
unfortunately, some authors forget to close heading tag,
and in some websites, nvda announces heading before any line which i
am moving to it by down arrow key!
its very annoying!
knowing heading levels are important for me, when i disable reporting
headings, i also miss heading levels.
but hearing heading before its content, is very annoying!
how can i overcome this problem?
thanks for your help, God bless you!