Re: Are these buttons? or links or links in buttons but not spoken out?

On Sun, May 3, 2020 at 07:04 PM, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:
The first website is is http://www.kogan.com

It says button then link. If navigating by links it is spoken out but not buttons. There are some that just say button.
Gene,

             I will stick to this website, and try as best I can to describe what's happening.  The site has some (relatively few) true buttons, it has a number of links, but it is overwhelmingly populated by what was, at least when I last dealt with them, hotspots.  These are graphics, generally an image of the product or class that when clicked on takes you to its page.  They are, for all practical intents and purposes, buttons, but they are not button objects.  What's interesting is when I use the NVDA+F7 for the NVDA elements list, if I change the element to Headings virtually all of these hotspots have individually dedicated headings (which are links themselves, contained in the hotspot), and those headings are the product name/description itself, e.g, Kogan 12 L Air Fryer, Kogan Mobile SIM - Prepaid starter pack, Trafalgar Set of 2 Hotel Quality Goose Down Pillows.  If you activate the heading, you land on the link for that product and if you activate that, you are taken to its page.  If you can see you can click anywhere within the hotspot border and you'll end up on the product description page, just like you would if you navigate to the heading for the product, then activate that heading link.